To access user settings, a user must first be invited and accept the email link. For more information on how to add users see Adding New Users.
To alter user permissions, toggle the Is this user an admin? Switch to No (An Admin user has all permissions on by default). An area under sites will appear labelled Permissions with checkboxes that can be ticked to allow access as shown in the attached screenshot.
To add a profile picture to a user, the user will need to login to their Kounta account and add a profile picture under myKounta > My Profile.
To assign a user a PIN, type in the desired PIN number under the PIN field and toggle the Is a PIN required? Switch to YES and click SAVE below. The user will now be prompted to enter a PIN when accessing the POS.
You can also configure a register to Go to User Page each time a sale is finalised to prompt users to log in after each sale. For more information see Register Specific Workflow.
Tags are used to segment Users so that you can filter Attendance. For example, you could Tag users as part-time or full-time and then filter an attendance report based on your part-time or full-time employees.
The sites option allows you to control which sites users can access.
- Company allows a user to access 'Settings' under the Menu options. These settings are used to adjust Company Details, Taxes and Payment Types.
- Customers allow a user to access People > Contacts to add, edit and delete customers and suppliers. If you restrict a user from Customers, the user will still be able to select and add new customers via POS.
Manage Products allows a user access to 'Products' under the Menu options; this means they can effect Product changes that affect all sites.
- POS Permission Allows the user to access the POS. If this permission is off, the user won't appear as a user on the POS. Useful for Accountant or stakeholders of a business who aren't actively selling.
- Purchasing allows a user to access the Purchasing Tab within their assigned sites, to create new purchases, send purchase orders and receive stock purchased.
- Reports allow a user access to 'Reports' under the Menu options for their assigned sites.
- Sites allow a user to access and edit the Site Information, Registers, Add-Ons, Site Products, Pricing and Printers Tabs under the 'Site' settings for their assigned sites.
- Stocktaking allows a user to access the Stocktake Tab and preform a stocktake to adjust stock levels for their assigned sites. For more information see Manage Stock and Inventory.
- Users allow a user to access People > Users; they will only be able to manage non-admin users and invite new users.
- Apply Discounts allows a user to apply a discount to a line item or adjust the sales total when on POS.
- Delete Held Orders allows a user to delete held orders. If this is not enabled a user will still be able to delete a new order but not a held order. This also allows the user to delete printed items off any held order.
- Edit Held Order allows a user to select a held order and make changes to it. If you restrict a user from editing a held order, the user will still be able to take payment for an order but not apply other changes to it. Printed items cannot be deleted
- Finalised Takings allows a user access to the 'Takings' option on POS. If this permission is enabled, a user will be able to see recorded takings and declare finalised takings.
- Finish Sale allows a user to apply for a payment and finalises an order or a sale. If you restrict a user from finishing sale, they will be able to create orders but not apply for a payment.
- Money In/Out allows a user access to the 'Money In/Out' option on POS. This allows a user to record adjustments to the amount of money in your takings. This is useful for recording your float, or recording petty cash for small incidental transactions.
- Open Cash Drawer allows a user to open the cash drawer without processing a sale e.g., correcting incorrect change given.
- Change Price allows a user to override the price of an item on the POS to whatever they want.
- View Current Takings this prevents users from seeing the current takings. Useful when you want a user to be able to finalise takings but not see the recorded amounts during the current period, ensuring the submit exactly what they've counted before knowing what they needed to declare.
- Void / Return Sales allows a user to Void or Return sales. If this is not enabled, a user will still be able to delete the current sale, but not finalised sales in the sales history view.
- Wastage allows a user to record wastage. For more information see Wastage Add-On.
Please sign in to leave a comment.